About Us
Church information and history
This Church is situated just one mile away from Tattershall. The first thing that strikes people is the large one handed clock. Yes, it was made like that and is probably the largest of its type still in use in the world!
The Church is the custodian of a Dutch flag used to cover the bodies of one British and two allied aircrew shot by the Germans, having been found in a “Safe House”. The lady, Coba Pulskens, was arrested and sent to a concentration camp and 7 months later died in the gas chambers.
Outside on the south side there is a Stick dial, it is used as a sun dial but a stick has to be put in a hole for the shadow to be cast.
On the roof of the south porch is a stone carving of a small monkey. At Culverthorpe Hall, 4 miles south of Sleaford, on 16 October 1732 a son had been born to Margaret, Countess of Coningsby (sic) and her husband Sir Michael Newton K.B.; the child’s title was Viscount Coningsby. At three months old the child was stolen out of his cradle by a pet monkey. On being pursued by the nurse the monkey climbed to the top of the house and then either accidentally or deliberately dropped the baby to the ground. There is a monument to this event at Heydour, 5 miles south east of Sleaford and possibly the stone monkey was carved at the same time for installation at this Church.
Rector, Administrator and Churchwardens
Our Priest in Charge is the Rev. Sally Clifton. Sally is available to contact by telephone on 07788 798419, or email [email protected]
Our Parish Administrator is Debbie Knight. Please feel free to contact Debbie on telephone 07842 202525, or email [email protected] for any enquiries about baptisms, weddings and funerals.